Week 7 Course Material
- Lecture 13 digital presentation (pptx)
- Lecture 14 digital presentation (pptx)
- Activity 5: Earthquake Report (1 MB pdf)
- CA DWR Timeline of Events for the Oroville Dam
New bathymetric data shows that the earthquake resulted in a huge slipping event. Almost every part of the upper slope had mud removed from it and significant innundation has covered much of the canyon floors. [Infographic: NIWA]
- CA Department of Water Resources aerial videos showing the main spillway after the Q was lowered to ~0.
- NIWA video about the submarine landslide from the November 14, 2016 M 7.8 Kaikōura Earthquake (New Zealand).
- NIWA video about the biological effects from the November 14, 2016 M 7.8 Kaikōura Earthquake (New Zealand).
- Here is a National Geographic video showing a 3-D view of an erupting volcano in Kamchatka. More on this video can be found here.
Convection time lapse success! pic.twitter.com/I2gI85v0xI
— Laura Hollister (@Xeno_lith) March 1, 2017
Geological Society of America Timescale (click on image to download pdf file).