Week 5 Course Material
- Lecture 9 digital presentation (pptx)
- Lecture 10 digital presentation (pptx)
- Activity 5: GPS Geodesy: Plate Motions along the Cascadia subduction zone (0.6 MB pdf)
- HQED podcast about Lake Oroville. This radio show covers the broad range of issues related to the Lake Oroville Dam. Here is the podcast. (24 MB mp3)
- Podcast of Dr. Jay’s radio show on KHSU.
- Here is a rock fall that closed a road in the Sierra Nevada mountains on Whitney Portal Road. Video submitted by Christopher Cash, Inyo County Road Superintendent. This is the CHP facebook post that includes the embedded video below.
- Here is a video we watched in class that shows how we can use GPS to monitor plate movements at subduction zones. (12 MB mp4)
- Here is a video from the CA DWR that shows the auxiliary spillway on 2/11 at 4 PM, prior to the large erosion that caused them to increase flows in the main spillway. (74 MB mp4)
- Here is a video from the CA Department of Water Resources that shows the flows down the main spillway at Lake Oroville (~100,000 cubic feet per second), along with a view of the erosion along the auxiliary spillway. (16 MB mp4)
Geological Society of America Timescale (click on image to download pdf file).