Week 2 Course Material
- Lecture 3 digital presentation (pptx)
- Lecture 4 digital presentation (pptx)
- Quiz 1
- Week 2: Supplemental Reading – plate tectonics (0.5 MB pdf)
- Dr. Chris Rowan put together some excellent graphics that explain the internal structure of Earth. I include some of these graphics below, though here is his entire web page on this subject matter. The complicated graphic below is supplemented by several, simpler, animated gifs on Dr. Rowan’s website.
- Fires in Chile show up in Satellite Imagery. Here is a link to the NASA web site from which I exported the map shown below.
- Landslide near Guthrie Creek on January 19, 2017. Video by Oliver Cory. Guthrie Creek is a creek or so south of Fleener Creek, near Centerville Beach. Head out to Centerville (past Ferndale) and keep going.
Guthrie Creek Trail is about three miles south of Centerville Beach and is part of the Lost Coast Headlands. Here is a map with a placeholder.
This is a before-after animated gif. h/t kymkemp
Geological Society of America Timescale (click on image to download pdf file).