GEOL 332 Online Activity 1 Web Site
- Watch the video linked below. Feel free to download the digital presentation also. This will be useful for studying for the exam and for completing this lab.
- Print out the activity and answer the questions. Bring this to the first class following Fall Break (Due 11/19/2016). Try to do this on your own first.
- Here is the presentation in pptx format. (60 MB pptx)
Either watch the online video or download the file on your own. The file is large, but it is in better resolution. One may want to also download the digital presentation (linked above) and look at this while they watch the video (if the video is difficult to read, the digital presentation has higher resolution and may be easier to read).
- Here is the video file for our online activity (420 MB mp4 file)
- Here is the link to the video that is embedded below:
- Aitken, M.J. 1990. Science-based Dating in Archaeology; London: Longman; ISBN 0-582-49309-9, 296 pp.
- Bronk Ramsey, C., 1995. Radiocarbon calibration and analysis of stratigraphy: The OxCal program: Radiocarbon v. 37, no. 2, p. 425-430.
- Bronk Ramsey, C., 2008. Deposition models for chronological records: Quaternary Science Reviews, v. 27, no. 1-2, p. 42-60
- Bronk Ramsey, C., 2009. Bayesian Analysis of Radiocarbon Dates: Radiocarbon, v. 51, no. 1, p. 337-360
- Fairbanks, R.G., et al., 2005. Radiocarbon calibration curve spanning 0 to 50,000 years BP based on paired 230Th/ 234U/ 238U and 14C dates on pristine corals in Quaternary Science Reviews, v. 24, p. 1781-1796
- Stuiver, M., and Polach, H. A., 1977. Discussion: Reporting of 14C data: Radiocarbon, v. vol. 19, no. 3, p. 355-363