Lab 7 Course Material
- GEOL Lab 7 Assignment 5 (pdf) Centerville Road Cut Stratigraphic Column (pdf)
- The stratigraphic section from Ogle (1953) for the Centerville region. (pdf)
- Here is a photo of the outcrop taken on 10/11/15. These photo was taken by J. R. Patton. Click on the image for a high resolution image (10 MB jpg)
- Here is the link for the embedded video below of a photo montage from our field trips. (81 MB mp4)
- Aalto, F.R.., 2006. Neogene Stratigraphic Evolution of Northwestern California, in Hemphill-Haley, M.A., McPherson, R., Patton, J.R., Stallman, J., Leroy, T., Sutherland, D., and Williams, T., eds., 2006 Pacific Cell Friends of the Pleistocene Field Trip Guidebook, The Triangle of Doom: Signatures of Quaternary Crustal Deformation in the Mendocino Deformation Zone (MDZ) Arcata, CA.
- Compton, Robert R., 1985. Geology in the Field. Wiley Press, New York, pp. 229-234. Chapter 11.
- FGDC Digital Cartographic Standard for Geologic Map Symbolization, last updated 3/30/2015: http://ngmdb.usgs.gov/fgdc_gds/
- Ogle, B.A., 1953. Geology of the Eel River Valley Area, Humboldt County, California in California Division of Mines Bulletin 164, 128 pp.
- Wentworth, C.K., 1922. A Scale of Grade and Class Terms for Clastic Sediments in Journal of Geology, v. 30, p. 377-392.
- Thumbnail (2 MB jpg)
- Full Resolution (36 MB jpg)
- Compressed Version, georeferenced tiff format, with tfw file (17 MB zip)
- Full Resolution Version, georeferenced tiff format, with tfw file (90 MB zip)
Here is a thumbnail of the map that Ogle (1953) published. I include links to this map in different formats and file sizes.
Geological Society of America Timescale (click on image to download pdf file).