Week 10 Course Material
- Lecture 18 digital presentation (pptx)
- Lecture 19 digital presentation (pptx) in progress
- mp4 link for the embedded video below on the Coriolis Effect
- wmv link for the embedded video below on the Coriolis Effect
- The video below shows the change in depositional environment for North America through the Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic ERAs (500 Ma until present). The entire video loops through the 500 Million years several times, so it lasts as long as the song. The first 500 Ma lasts about 2.5 minutes. I made this video with maps from this page. The music track comes from here. This is the mp4 link for the video embedded below (125 MB mp4)
- Here is another video showing the tectonics and the changes in depositional environment through time, for the western US. (10 MB mp4). These maps come from here. The music track came from here.
- As a reminder, here is the Geological Society of America Geologic Time Scale.
Here is some information about the Jet Stream, the blob, and the polar front.
- Primer on the Jet Stream.
- Primer on the blob. (the high pressure ridge that has made it really warm in Alaska and California)