Chemeketa Community College GEO 142 Online Activity 3 Web Site
- Watch the video linked below. This is a documentary about Mt. St. Helens. There is a youtube link, as well as an mp4 download link.
- Students write an essay about the 1980 eruption discussing the timeline of events that led to the eruption, the eruption itself, volcanic activity during the decades after the eruption, and the recovery following the eruption. The students should write the essay using a word processor. The essay should be two to three pages long, double spaced, and with the font: Times New Roman, size 12. The students will email the essay to the instructor. The essay is worth 20 points.
- This Online Activity is due before our final.
- Here is Activity 5 in pdf format.
Either watch the online video or download the file on your own. The file is large, but it is in better resolution. One may want to also download the digital presentation (linked above) and look at this while they watch the video (if the video is difficult to read, the digital presentation has higher resolution and may be easier to read).
- Here is the video that discusses what led to the eruption, the eruption itself, and the recovery following the eruption. ~360 MB mp4 file
This video is also found online here.
This video is available for purchase here.