Chemeketa Community College GEO 143 Lecture 2 Web Site
Videos The links here are mp4 video files of the yt videos embedded below.
- Animation of the earthquake cycle in Sumtra: Read more about earthquakes and tsunamis in Sumatra: siaga.org Animation produced by Tectonics Observatory, California Institute of Technology. Labels modified by EOS. Here is the youtube link.
- From Pangea to the Modern Continents: This animation is from Tasa Graphics “The Theory of Plate Tectonics.” This video shows the progression of continental movement from ~235 MYA to the present. Pangea was not the only super-continent in Earth’s history, but it is the most recent. Here is the youtube link.
- Earth’s history in the last 600 Ma: The history of the earth in the 600 million years sliding towards the present. Here is the youtube link.
- Lava Lake Tectonics: Time Lapse video of plate tectonic-like processes on the surface of a lava lake, Erta Ale, Ethiopia. Here is the youtube link. More on this here.
- Mt. St. Helens euption: Here is the youtube link.