These are the resources for our field trip to the coast of Oregon.
February 14, 2015, 8 AM through 8 PM
- Guidebook, Road Log, and Assignment
- Centalia, 2013 Geologic History for the Seal Rock Area.
- Snavely et al., 1969 Field Trip Guidebook: Part I. Geology of the Newport Area, Oregon; Part II. Geologic Field Trip Guide, Newport Area, Oregon
- Lund, 1976 Rock Units and Coastal Landforms Between Newport and Lincoln City, Oregon
- Jackson and Rosenfield, 1987. Erosional Changess at Alsea Spit, Waldport, Oregon
- Atwater et al., 2005 The Orphan Tsunami of 1700—Japanese Clues to a Parent Earthquake in North America
- Nelson et al., 2006 Great earthquakes of variable magnitude at the Cascadia subduction zone
- Atwater and Hemphill-Haley, 1997 Recurrence Intervals for Great Earthquakes of the Past 3,500 Years at Northeastern Willapa Bay, Washington
- Graehl et al., 2014 Stratigraphic and microfossil evidence for a 4500-year history of Cascadia subduction zone earthquakes and tsunamis at Yaquina River estuary, Oregon, USA